EDDYTHERM® Induction Heaters
EDDYTHERM® from Prüftechnik
Fast, easy, reliable - the logical approach to shrink fitting
CBC is the sole authorised Australian distributor of Prüftechnik Eddytherm® Eddy Current Induction Heaters. Eddytherm® units are available for hire or sale and are backed by a locally based service and repair agency.
Eddytherm® Eddy Current Induction Heaters are used for the safe and reliable shrink-fitting of ball and roller bearings, couplings and connectors, gears and shaft spacers.
Shrink-fit technology uses the expansion and contraction properties of metal to enable smaller shafts to carry the same torsion moment as larger keyed ones.
The fitting of bearings using eddy current induction heating is the recommended method for fitting bearings with interference fits by all major bearing manufacturers worldwide.
Prüftechnik Eddytherm® units can be used for fitting bearings from 1kg to 4,000kg in mass with bores ranging from 15mm to 600mm.
The advantages of proper induction heating using Eddytherm® are:-
- Proper fitting - workpieces are heated evenly, with no danger of overheating. Bearing prelubrication remains in place, and the bearing remains free of contamination and physical damage.
- Environmentally friendly and energy efficient - induction heating requires minimal energy to fit bearings and produces no vapour, smoke or used oil.
- Portability - workpieces may be mounted on site very quickly with little set-up required.
- Safety - only workpieces become hot: no accidents due to hot oil, hot plates or open flames.
- Demagnetisation - workpieces are automatically demagnetized at the end of every heating cycle with no residual magnetism to collect debris.
- The life of roller bearings is potentially extended due to the reduced risk of fitting errors.
For further information please
telephone us on:
|Head Quarters||02 9947 9200|
|Sydney||02 9672 1600|
|Newcastle||02 4968 4000|
|Brisbane||07 3866 2111|
|Melbourne||03 9313 2000|
|Perth||08 6363 8200|
|Adelaide||08 8348 2100|
|Darwin||08 8984 3558|
For our Indonesian customers
please contact our Jakarta or
Balikpapan offices on:
|Jakarta||+62 21 2922 1400|
|Balikpapan||+62 21 2922 1400|